What are the best baits for lunker lagemouth bass?
Here’s an honest list that gives a look at what the all-time best BIG bass baits and lures are. Yes we said bait. After all the world record was caught and tied again on live bait so it is worth mentioning.
1. Live Perch: Big bass love perch. Really love them. A live perch fished on a free-line rig floated over deep cover has potential to draw in monsters.
2. Jigs: Lure fishermen catch lots of huge bass on jigs and almost all serious bass fishermen I know say jigs are definitely the all around best lure for beastly bass.
3. Black Salties: These commercially available baitfish are simply awesome for bass. I have used them a lot in highly pressured ponds I fish and saw incredible results.
4. Swimbaits: Swimbaits take awhile to get used to fishing but they will put big bass in the boat. And for lunker hunting the bigger the better. Go gawdy.
5. Huge shiners: Big shiners are amazing for bass and although rarely used in Texas are a standard in Florida where trophy bass fishing was invented.